Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Ponyo, Ponyo, Ponyo, fishie in the sea...


So my not quite 3-year-old daughter has taken quite a fancy to the movie Ponyo. She walked around the house all day proclaiming "Ponyo is my favorite. I love Ponyo. I love Sosuke." She also started pretending that her various stuffed animals were Ponyo and re-enacting scenes from the movie. Cuteness abounds.

I caught myself wondering if there were any Ponyo dolls available, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to make one. You see, aside from being a fly-by-night book reviewer, I am also a crafter.

And here is my creation. Now, it is very obviously homemade and decidedly rough around the edges. But it definitely resembles goldfish Ponyo! For not having a pattern or anything fancy, it's not half bad. Of course, now it has to pass the test with my little one...

If she can pretend a pterodactyl is Ponyo (and she did), then this little gal should do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment