Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Attempting Oreo-stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Say What?!? I know I primarily blog about books and crafting, but I made sure to include "and things of interest" for precisely this type of situation.

Chocolate definitely qualifies as a thing of interest, and chocolate chip cookies, doubly so.

I originally caught this post over at Craft blog. I followed the link to Amandeleine for the recipe, and I had to try it. I am not going to repost the recipe here, but I do want to add a few notes for those of you who may want to try this for yourself. I am not the best baker in the world, so I have plenty of little mistakes you can learn from. But fear not-- the cookies are delicious if not perfectly beautiful morsels!

1. I have my ingredients ready to go.

2. Wet ingredients and dry ingredients are mixed.

3. Cookies are formed! But here's where I goofed, folks. My first mistake was using too much dough to encase the Oreos. Easy does it! Also, space your cookies out for heaven's sake. No more than 6 per tray, I would say. However, it is entirely possible that fixing problem number one would also make problem number two a non-issue.

4. Here you can see where the cookies were too close. My first batch was undercooked by a minute or two, which made them very soft-- good for taste, but messy on the transfer to cooling racks.

5. Batch two did much better with the longer baking time. Here's a close-up of that golden brown exterior.

6. This is what the final product looks like. They may not be pretty, but yummmmmmmm! I could only eat one, which is saying something.

And remember: milk does an Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie good.

No comments:

Post a Comment