Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Pink and Yellow Dinosaur Party (Part 2)

The time draws near for my daughters' birthdays and their Pink and Yellow Dinosaur Party. Since their birthdays are exactly a week apart, we will have the family party on the Saturday between their birthdays. I'm not sure when we'll have the childcare party, but it will be somewhere in that week time frame as well.

Earlier, I decided that I would be making the following party items:

- Appliquéd pink dinosaur shirts for the birthday girls (done!)
- Big stuffed dinosaurs for their birthday presents (done!)
- A "Happy Birthday" banner 
- Placemats for the family party (done!)
- Dinosaur cupcake toppers (for the childcare party-- done!)
- Little stuffed dinosaurs for gift bags (for the childcare part-- done!)
- A tablecloth for the party (done!)
So, I feel pretty happy that in the next two weeks, all I have left to do is make the party banner, food for the family dinner, and the cupcakes. I will post the table decorations (tablecloth/ place mats / party banner/ cupcake toppers) at a later date. Tonight, I mainly want to share the stuffed animals I made and show the finished treat bags for the childcare party. 

To the left, you can see how the plushies came out. I made the pattern myself, and there was definitely a learning curve. However, I was pretty happy with the results... I just hope the birthday girls like them! Both of the dinos were made from upcycled receiving blankets and fabric scraps I had lying around. I had to buy the ribbon and buttons (which are both sewn and hot-glued for added security), but the cost was pretty minimal compared to buying stuffed animals.



To the right, you can see an image of the completed treat bags. I just used some white, paper bags and ribbon (nothing fancy) since there was so much goodness inside. I really wanted the treat bags to be special since I am combining the parties and ultimately saving myself a fair amount of work. Each treat bag (these are for 2-4 year olds) has a dinosaur activity pad, a dinosaur crayon, a mini-brontosaur plushie, and a noise maker. The activity pad and the noisemaker are store bought, but I already had a lot of crafty stuff on my plate and though that these would be a little challenging to do on my own.

I am getting really excited for the parties, and I look forward to posting more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment